[access-uk] Re: Open Note to The Mod

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 03:01:44 -0000

To me it's not so much the subjects spelling as the subjects discussed. I subscribed to this list to discuss access technology and accessibility of the technology we use. I don't see how discussing guidedogs, for example, is anything to do with that. I understand that people do need support and help and people to talk to especially if they have some emotional or similar problems, but there are lists for that, I assume there is a guidedog list and probably others that are similar.

And while we're discussing subject line another thing I would like to turn my attention to is subjects that are not very specific. It would be nice if people could at least give some sort of indication in their subject line what they are discussing, rather than generic things like help please, or I need advice. For example, someone might have a subject line just saying help please and they want help with packmate. I don't have one, have never used one and therefore I might feel that I wouldn't gain anything out of that thread, so it would save me time if I just deleted messages that are relevant to that subject. I hope that people could think about these suggestions and help us save time and make this list function a lot better, imho.
Vanja
http://www.sudar.co.uk
http://mashupradio.net
MSN/windows live messenger: sudar23@xxxxxxxxxxx