[access-uk] Re: Online utility accounts

  • From: "John Wilson" <j.wilson07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 03:32:48 +0100

Hello David,

If you have someone to read the meter for you,then I found
Empower to be OK and British Gas weren't too bad. However, I
wanted a smart metre so that it can be read
automatically,monthly by them and I would be billed
month-by-month accurately according to my exact usage and
not have to wait in for bill readers, etc. Both Empower and
BG refused to fit one for me. Therefore, I moved to First
utility, who have a tariff which includes the promise of a
smart meter fitting within 60 days. they did this and I have
had no problems with it or First Utility. They are a little
slow to answer emails and pick up the phone but as I have no
problems with them and their website is fine to use I do not
need to contact them. There bills are also generally cheaper
than the big six charge. You get your bills by email and can
look up full billing details online if you want to.

Go to:
www.first-utility.com
for more information.
HTH,