[access-uk] Ongoing Problems With Web Site

  • From: Caroline Ford <caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:43:50 +0100

Hello,

Thank you to all those who offered suggestions about the problem I have
been having with www.whitestick.co.uk.  Unfortunately nothing has worked
so far.  We have tried running Adaware and Spybot, clearing the cache and
history, reloading the page directly from the internet with Ctrl+F5,
turning off pictures and sounds in the browser, and making sure no proxy
is running.  After all this, we are still having a problem with the site,
where the text appears on the screen, but Jaws will not read the page as
there is still 1 item remaining to be downloaded and the opening page ...
message is displayed in the status bar of the screen indefinitely - we
left it for ten minutes and still nothing had happened.  It is only this
one PC where we have the problem, and only on this particular web site.

I do remember quite some time ago reading some messages on this list, or
at least I think it was here, where someone was experiencing problems
accessing one particular random web site, although nobody else had the
same problem.  I can't remember which web site it was and who had the
problem, but if anyone recognises the situation, please could you let me
know what, if anything, you managed to do to get it resolved.  There must
be something we haven't tried yet, but we're totally out of ideas now.

Thanks,

Caroline.