[access-uk] Re: Olympus DS-50 Voice Recorder / MP3 player

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 20:01:50 -0000

OK, time for me to jump in here . . ..

Steve, you know I love my Edirol, but I do believe it's "horses for courses"
and that the Olympus has a great place for students and others needing to
record quickly, easily and clearly.  From the one review I've heard, I was
disappointed at the lower end voice setting, until I realised this was just
the first of three.  I also agree the external microphone used was pretty
awful.  For me, the restriction of voice setting in some of the menus was
annoying.  Now, I know the Edirol doesn't even have any voice help, but then
you learn just to do without it.  I personally find to have some vocal help
but not in every menu is rather infuriating, but that's just a personal
opinion.

Anyway, we don't need to do this one to death (finding fault after fault and
judging others perhaps to be better).  Once said, that's surely enough!
<Smile>

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx