[access-uk] Re: Olympus DM-5

  • From: Glenn Tookey <Glenn.Tookey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 06:08:30 +0000

You can store 199 files are voice files in each folder, and with the 5 folders
(A, B, C, D and E) you can have almost 1000 separate recordings.  Regarding the
music folder, this can contain up to 8GB worth of music tracks (which is a hell
of a lot more than 99) - the exact number would obviously depend on the size of
the music file and bit rate used for the users quality preference.  By using
the external micro SD card slot the memory can be increased to 32GB.

Sight and Sound Technology will be marketing the DM-5, price is not yet fixed,
but with the main menu items being voice driven it will be a useful device for
the members of this forum

Regards
Glenn

Sender: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was speaking to Hagger UK about this recently while enquiring about
something else.  They will be stocking it in about a month from now, and say
it is expected to cost around £250.  They told me that you can only store up
to 99 files in each folder though, so that was a right turn off for me as my
music folders are enormous! I may have picked that up incorrectly, so do
check it out for yourself.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability