[access-uk] Re: Old Access to Work Equipment

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:57:44 +0100

Old Access to Work EquipmentHi Sam

I once heard that after 3 years the equipment belongs to you, but I think that
is only for self-employed people as you yourself make a contribution towards
the cost. Certainly any equipment I've received assistance towards as a self
employed person the ATW advisor has stopped coming to inspect after a three
year period.

As for items received in employment, I'm not sure if they belong to you
personally as you do not make a contribution towards the cost. I know if you
move jobs they can follow you, but when a new one is purchased I am not clear
who owns the old or if it is indeed part owned by ATW and your employer. Best
to have your ATW confirm the status as they will have the final say on the
matter. It may even be at their discretion how it is disposed of.

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046
E: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx