[access-uk] Re: Office 2003 versus 2007

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:19:47 -0000

Hi Eleanor.

You'll need to have an IMAP server configured in outlook express. I'm not with BT, so you'll have to ask them whether they offer IMAP access to your mail. I presume by default they'll offer you POP access, that's the rule of thumb with most ISP's although some do offer alternatives.

From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 20:02:2009 3:40 am

HI Steve.

Yes, some limitation I found in outlook. I want it to store all my sent messages etc on the server rather than locally on the machine, Outlook express can do this so I am somewhat miffed as to why outlook 2003 can't.

----- Original Message ----- From: Steve Nutt