[access-uk] Re: Offer with Assignment

  • From: "Ankers, Dave (UK)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:42:42 +0100

Chris,

Use the MONTH() function convert the dates into a number representative
of the month.  Then you can use countif.

Eg
        A       B       C       D
7       DATE_____       MONTH   Formula in coulmn B_______
8       25/06/2008      6       =MONTH(B8)
9       30/06/2008      6       =MONTH(B9)
10      01/07/2008      7       =MONTH(B10)
11      02/07/2008      7       =MONTH(B11)
12      03/07/2008      7       =MONTH(B12)
13      04/07/2008      7       =MONTH(B138)
14
15                      Jun ___________________ Jul
16                      2                               4
17                      =+COUNTIF(C8:C13,"=6")  =+COUNTIF(C8:C13,"=7")

Column D is the formula in column C.
Row 17 shows the formula for row 16.

Dave

Hi all, to aid help with my assignment, I'd like to make you an offer.
If anyone wants both the spreadsheet and the assignment specifications,
please write to me off list, and I'll be more than happy to send them
you. I feel that way you'll have an idea on how to help me with my
current problem, which is how to calculate the number of days of data
for a particular month, regardless of the year. Thanks in advance for
the help, and I look forward to hearing from you.