[access-uk] Re: Offer: Total Recorder Podcast

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 11:25:22 +0100

Hi all,
If you are using Windows XP you can safely install the user mode virtual device driver. This will allow you to record things like internet streams without the speech chattering. I'm not sure how it quite works; it appears you tell the system to use the user mode driver and the playback program will obviously try to stream audio through the driver. This can cause odd behaviour like garbled or no audio output, but it should work in most cases.
I'm sorry I can't offer any more help.
Good luck in getting this working.

Signed by Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Christopherh40
Klango: chrishallsworth
If you have any computer problems or queries, please contact me on the above channels. Many thanks.

On 09/08/2010 2:21, Amro Bilal wrote:
Dear oh dear. I have just upgraded TR standard version 7.1 to version 8.1.
Unlike how it used to be with version 7, now when I record an internet  stream
the Jaws chatter is recorded too! Please someone tell me how I can record
without TR picking up Jaws as I used to do. And what drivers should I install?
I use XP and I mainly use TR to capture audio from internet stream. I don't
mind reinstalling...

I blame Chris for this! *just joking* :-)

Please help!

Amro