[access-uk] Re: Off topic access issue.

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:05:43 +0100

Hi Jim.

There are products available that can help your friend.  A chap called David
Smith makes a specialty of these, they are an audible alert tracker.  You
simply fix a transmission device to the wheelchair or indeed any other object,
and you use a receiver to locate it.  As you get nearer and nearer the
transmitter, the receiver either vibrates or omits audible tones to indicate
the proximity of the two components, thus allowing your friend to find her
pushchair amongst the others.  Please email me off list and I'll try to put you
in touch with Mr. smith.

All the best, Ibrahim.