[access-uk] Off topic: I'm back!

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 20:55:13 -0000

Hi Everyone

Apologies for cross-posting as I appreciate several of you are on both the
Access UK and VI-Gen lists.

However, I want to wish you all a very happy and healthy 2008, and to thank
those who have been so supportive in offering their good wishes.  They have
meant so much to us in getting me through what I can only describe as two weeks
of complete and utter hell.

I got home today after an incredibly complex operation on my back.  In short, I
lost a lot of blood and, worse still, Cerebral Spinal Fluid.  The latter caused
my blood pressure to nose-dive that led to severe headache and loss of hearing
in my left ear, both of which I still have.

But you can't keep an old dog down, and though I'm under strict orders to be
good and rest, I'm back! I have to say though that the care I received was
fantastic and of the highest order, and access to amenities and assistance from
staff was phenomenal at all times.  I even used my mobile all the time without
anyone complaining - just as well when there were no Patientline facilities on
our ward.  I even had my own room with en-suite bathroom.  I couldn't have had
better treatment even if I'd won the Lottery and paid for it that way (smile).
And Ian was looked after by everyone as well as I was.  They gave him his
dinner, and assisted him to and from the ward when he arrived and left, it was
brilliant.

Finally, did anyone receive anything techie from Santa?  Apologies if you've
done this one to death already.  Just curious (smile).

Jackie