[access-uk] Re: Off topic - Death of OneWord Radio and Core

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:44:53 -0000

Thanks Iain.  Is it heavy traffic do you know?

Jackie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [access-uk] Off topic - Death of OneWord Radio and Core

Maybe few if any bother with these dab stations, but OneWord and
Core
are no more.  You'll hear bird song on the former OneWord Channel -
which apparantly is much missed by some.

Whether OneWord will be missed not sure, but it was initially a good
effort.  Rumour has it that Channel 4 Radio, which was the majority
share holder, was playing somewaht unethical games by using the
acquisition of OneWord to lever its way into the Award of new DAB
channels comingsoon.

A press release that mentions none of that is at:

http://www.ukdigitalradio.com/news/display.asp?id=289

Where there's reference to Core too.

Cheers,

From Ray