[access-uk] Off Topic: In Touch

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:31:25 -0000

Hi List

Some of you may remember that I wanted to give positive feedback via perhaps In
Touch to my recent stay in hospital.  When I came home three weeks ago, I was
having great difficulty in contacting the In Touch team, and had actually given
up on it until this afternoon.  I got a phone call asking if I could be
interviewed to say what a good experience I had received, especially given how
ill I ended up being anyway.

I am delighted that I have now been able to say how well I was treated, and how
NHS Grampian went that extra mile for both of us.  I can't tell you how much
this means to me, especially after all the negative things we read and hear
about.  I thought that I would let you know that, in the end, sense prevailed,
and that this was a good outcome.  I very much doubt anyone at NHS Grampian
will hear it, but the fact is I hope it gives some blind person out there some
reality that not everything in this world is bad for them.

Jackie