[access-uk] O-T problems importing address books to outlook 2013

  • From: <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 03:38:25 +0100

Apologies for the off topic post and hopefully I can be forgiven. To make
sure that this doesn't get blown in to a full thread on here please respond
directly to me at vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The only reason I'm posting on here is because I have been fighting with
this for last 4 or so hours and am getting really frustrated.

For various reasons I have had to reinstall office 365 and since doing that
the outlook addressbook is completely gone.

Luckily I have a back up of my addressbook as a .csv file plus I have also
downloaded ones from Gmail and loutlook.com. However, whenever I try to
import either of them through the regular way of importing through outlooks
wizard I get the following error message:

"Translation Error

An error has occurred in the Microsoft Office Outlook translator while

initializing a translator to build a field map.

Internal error:  Unable to load File Access Engine (.FAE) DLL, additional

Outlook translators can be installed from the ValuPack."

After a lot research the only thing I could find out is that there may be a
fault with mapi32.dll file. First of all I'm not sure where to get it as I'm
not sure I could trust most of these dll sites, but even if I would to get a
safe copy of the file and if I was to do any modification I get 'access
denied' if I try to do anything within windows\system32 folder even though I
am an admin and should/do have all the permissions. When I try to change the
folder attributes through the security part of the properties windows does
not let me. I'm very frustrated and not in the mood to go through the
process again and bring up exact error messages, but if anyone thinks it'd
help I can do so to whom ever would want it if you message me individually.

Needless to say I am very annoyed as I now have absolutely no contacts in my
outlook for whatever reason.

Again, huge apologies as I know this is not at all access issue and I
promise this will not be mentioned any more unless moderator/s permit
further discussion and I hope that this one off post is OK since this is not
something I do on regular bases.

Thank you very much for your   patience and understanding.

Vanja