[access-uk] Re: OT... Offensive?

  • From: "roger south" <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 11:38:08 +0100

Hi Sandra

We had a discussion on this one last night and I think you're wrong here. Or at least the group would say you are. It's not a PC issue but sheer hard cash. In the large Bingo halls now they play for £100,000 plus so it's serious, really serious money. That has driven out the frivolity of the terms such as two fat ladies for the sake of clarity. But the term of referring to a number ending with zero as blind is still used. I'm not sure where it originated but it's used extensively in the military world wide to designate such numbers.

Roger

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sandra Henshall" <oceania@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>