[access-uk] Re: OCR reccomendations

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 17:40:49 +0100

Hi Martin.
Well Office 2003 comes with a free basic OCR package called Document Imaging or Document Scan, can't remember.
Take care.

Chris Hallsworth

On 19/04/2011 5:34 PM, dudleym@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi folks

I'm looking for reccomendations or opinions on OCR software. I used to
use Omnipage pro 11 until recently but after my pc upgrade I couldn't
find my cd or product key. I want something that can integrate into ms
word 2003 as did omnipage pro, where the file menu had a capture and
auto OCR sequence. I don't quite know what is out there nowadays, just
want something simple to scan letters and the like. Don't want to pay a
fortune but some thing that works easily within winXP or windows 7 with
jaws 11
or NVDA if I have to install it

Thanks
Martin