[access-uk] Re: O2 broadband?

  • From: Orhan Deniz <orhan.deniz63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 21:24:13 +0000

Hi sandra,
Firstly, thank you for the info. Were you getting 1.25 MB down a second, or were you getting 125 KB/s down, which is 1.25MBPS? It's just that, I want to see if o2 really live up to their claims. I currently get 3.1 MBPS down which in essence is about 300 kilobytes per second.

Thanks in advance,
Orhan.
whizza wrote:
Hi Orhan,
I switched to o2 four weeks ago and during that time I've had no loss of connection and a good download speed of 1.25 mb on sites like Microsoft. The call centre is in England and it's a free number to ring them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The only thing I'd say, though, is that you might need a pair of eyes to install the software as some of it wasn't accessible to my screen reader. If you can grab some eyes, then I'd say go for it. I know it's early days for me yet but you did ask for any experiences, and that's mine so far.

Cheers,
Sandra.