[access-uk] Re: Notebook computers

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 16:19:15 +0100

Brenda, I have a Toshiba "notebook", and, indeed, it's lighter than a laptop, but it is still bulkier if you want to use it out and about (I now own a BrailleNote mPower, so will use that for my travelling needs). Not sure about the screen as I'm a totally blind person, but I believe it would be smaller than a laptop. In terms of battery life, though, it's not good. You only tend to get about just over an hour before it discharges fully. However, this may just be my particular machine, I don't know. Also, my battery's refusing to charge now, a year after I bought it, so just something to be aware of. Hope this helps, and happy shopping! ----- Original Message ----- From: "red alert" <red.alert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>