[access-uk] Re: Nokia N82

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 17:06:47 +0000

I've just connected using Nokia PC Suite and after selecting my network and phone it seems ok. Only loaded Google though as I don't have mobile broadband active! As for Three not letting you watch their content, it is more to do with you not having the security certificates installed to your phone that they require which is included only in their firmware. Maybe not technically correct, but close.

Hi when I connect the phone to my laptop and then open networks in settings on the laptop and connect by selecting my phone in the list and choosing the option connect in the context menu I then get a dial up screen, but a few seconds later I get the error message. Your right about three not letting you download their content just because you have a phone that isn't supported by then. I have put a Orange sim in this phone and have downloaded their content such as games and I wasn't blocked from accessing their content. I sometimes don't like Three's shabby attitude towards people who don't use their branded phones. It's not my fault they don't sell the N82. If the N82 supports 3G in which it does then they should have added this phone to their list of Nokia phones.