[access-uk] Re: Nod32 vs MacAfee

  • From: "Sandra Henshall" <oceania@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:43:19 -0000

Hi Phil,
Having used both Mcafee and Nod, to me there's no contest. It's Nod every time. Mcafee is a resource hogger and can slow your machine down significantly. Also, the fairly recent changes to the Mcafee interface has made it pretty complicated to set up, and also pretty inaccessible. For instance, if an update is available, an animation spins round which, of course, tells us nothing. I should say, though, that I use Window-Eyes and not Jaws so whether you'd have any better experience with Jaws I can't say. Nod doesn't have the issues of inaccessibility and slowing down of PC performance that Mcafee has. This is just my opinion, though, and others might feel differently. I'm on my third year with Nod32 and have no thoughts to change it for anything else.

Cheers,
Sandra.