[access-uk] Re: New online RNIB library catalogue

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 15:01:15 +0100

By the RNIB reconfiguring their site to allow password access only seems
like a reasonable step tO a point but the fact that the password is
generated their end and not of your own choice is a HUGE security risk.
if possible CHANGE THE RNIB GENERATED PASSWORD AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY,

not sure how to make a good password? go to the diceware site and
follow their advice . the password generation advice they offer is a
little time consuming but it increases your security considerably.

http://world.std.com/~reinhold/diceware.html.

feel free to share the web link liberally among your friends.

On 01/05/2015 14:15, Adrien Collins wrote:

Hi Jacky

This sounds like typical rnib miss-handling of things, what
ever next. I hope they get it sorted otherwise it will just
put people off from using the service.

Regards

Adrien