[access-uk] Re: New google TTS

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 18:58:54 -0000

Hi Vanja,

Yes.

First go into Settings, Applications then find Google TTS.  Then select
Uninstall updates.  Job done you're back to the male voice.

Now go into Settings, Language And Input, Text To Speech Output, find Google
TTS, then to the right TTS settings.  Untick auto update.  You should stay
on the old speech now.

However, be aware that if you get Kitkat, you will no longer be able to use
the old TTS, as it is not compatible.

Personally I don't like this new voice.  It is clear enough but quite laggy
on my Galaxy Nexus, which is quite an old phone but still quite fast.

All the best

Steve

--

Computer Room Services