[access-uk] Re: New Victor Reader Stream firmware release

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 17:19:54 -0000

Hi,

I prefer my phone, because I can talk to it, certainly as far as Audible is
concerned. When I'm lay in bed and too lazy to put my arm out in the cold,
I can just say OK Audible, Pause. OK Audible, Rewind, etc.

It was you Sandra who put me on to that one, so thank you. But try that
with your Stream <Smile>.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
Tel: +44(0)1438-742286
Mob: +44(0)7956-334938
Fax: +44(0)1438-759589
Email: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.comproom.co.uk

From: Carol Pearson <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender
carol$pearson29 for DMARC)
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, 12 December 2015 13.48

Thanks, Jackie. I was about to post it, a few days back, when I saw
yours and have been pretty occupied since that time.

I am pretty pleased with it, especially the quick record of radio and
(though I haven't yet tried) being able to delete/move more than one
item from the Victor's memory.

I use mine a lot and even the older model sometimes.

Carol P

On 11/12/2015 10.31, Jackie Brown wrote:
For interest, pasted below from an Email you may or may not have seen
today from HumanWare.

Update Your Victor Reader Stream to Version 4.6 Today Completely Free!

Today HumanWare is excited to announce the immediate availability of
Victor Reader Stream version 4.6. This is a completely free update
that you can install right now on your Victor Reader Stream New
Generation. This version includes many features and stability
improvements which have been requested specifically by you, the
Stream
users.
What's New in Version 4.6?
. Internet radio recording: Have you ever been listening to an
internet radio station and a song or program is coming up you know
you want to listen to again? Now you can with the simple press of a
button. When you hear something on an internet radio station that you
want to record, simply press the record button to start the recording
of that station. Press it again to conclude the recording
session.
. Improvements to Wikipedia / Wiktionary functionality to support
search resulting in more than one article
. Add function to move and delete all episodes of a podcast feed. Now
you can quickly clear out old podcast episodes if you want to make
additional space, or simply move them to the external SD card.
. Introduced additional text to speech voices in specific languages:
Manon--French, Claudia--German, Lisa--Australian English, Laia--Catalan
. Daisy Online support: In specific countries, libraries are using the
Daisy On-Line Delivery protocol. This support has been added for
those and additional libraries who will offer content using this
delivery method to media players such as the Stream.
. Other stability enhancements and improvements.
If you already have your Victor Reader Stream connected to a wireless
internet connection, downloading this update is as simple as pressing
your Stream's On-line button to enter the on-line bookshelf. Stream
will immediately detect that there is an update available and you can
begin downloading it.
If you need assistance connecting your Stream to the internet, you
can click below to listen to an audio demonstration of how this is done.
Click here to listen to a wifi connection demonstration

If your Stream is not connected to the internet you can download your
desired language's update from the Stream software page and copy it
to your SD card. Insert the SD card into your Stream and turn it on.
the update will begin automatically.
www.humanware.com/streamSoftware

For additional Stream resources, answers to frequently asked
questions, and tutorials, we invite you to visit:
www.humanware.com/,s;tream,s;upport

We hope you enjoy using Stream version 4.6.
Best regards,
The HumanWare Team
Tel : 01933 415800
Email :eu.sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx