[access-uk] Re: New Victor Reader Stream firmware release

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 17:19:54 -0000

Hi,

It is, in Europe. So if you load the US firmware, you'll probably lose it.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
Tel: +44(0)1438-742286
Mob: +44(0)7956-334938
Fax: +44(0)1438-759589
Email: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.comproom.co.uk

From: Carol Pearson <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender
carol$pearson29 for DMARC)
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, 12 December 2015 13.48

Thanks, Jackie. I was about to post it, a few days back, when I saw
yours and have been pretty occupied since that time.

I am pretty pleased with it, especially the quick record of radio and
(though I haven't yet tried) being able to delete/move more than one
item from the Victor's memory.

I use mine a lot and even the older model sometimes.

Carol P

On 11/12/2015 10.31, Jackie Brown wrote:
For interest, pasted below from an Email you may or may not have seen today
from HumanWare.

Update Your Victor Reader Stream to Version 4.6 Today Completely Free!

Today HumanWare is excited to announce the immediate availability of Victor
Reader Stream version 4.6. This is a completely free update that you can
install right now on your Victor Reader Stream New Generation. This version
includes many features and stability improvements which have been requested
specifically by you, the Stream users.
What's New in Version 4.6?
. Internet radio recording: Have you ever been listening to an
internet radio station and a song or program is coming up you know you want
to listen to again? Now you can with the simple press of a button. When you
hear something on an internet radio station that you want to record, simply
press the record button to start the recording of that station. Press it
again to conclude the recording session.
. Improvements to Wikipedia / Wiktionary functionality to support
search resulting in more than one article
. Add function to move and delete all episodes of a podcast feed. Now
you can quickly clear out old podcast episodes if you want to make
additional space, or simply move them to the external SD card.
. Introduced additional text to speech voices in specific languages:
Manon--French, Claudia--German, Lisa--Australian English, Laia--Catalan
. Daisy Online support: In specific countries, libraries are using the
Daisy On-Line Delivery protocol. This support has been added for those and
additional libraries who will offer content using this delivery method to
media players such as the Stream.
. Other stability enhancements and improvements.
If you already have your Victor Reader Stream connected to a wireless
internet connection, downloading this update is as simple as pressing your
Stream's On-line button to enter the on-line bookshelf. Stream will
immediately detect that there is an update available and you can begin
downloading it.
If you need assistance connecting your Stream to the internet, you can
click
below to listen to an audio demonstration of how this is done.
Click here to listen to a wifi connection demonstration

If your Stream is not connected to the internet you can download your
desired language's update from the Stream software page and copy it to your
SD card. Insert the SD card into your Stream and turn it on. the update
will
begin automatically.
www.humanware.com/streamSoftware

For additional Stream resources, answers to frequently asked questions, and
tutorials, we invite you to visit:
www.humanware.com/,s;tream,s;upport

We hope you enjoy using Stream version 4.6.
Best regards,
The HumanWare Team
Tel : 01933 415800
Email :eu.sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kind Regards,

Jackie Brown
Emails: thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx
jackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Read my EyeWrite blog: www.thebrownsplace.info/?pageId=136
Follow me on Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: thejackmate

è•æ¯zØ^–+-rXœ’‰í…覙çbj×¥Éú%–Œ"ž
bžIšŠ[hiDzˤ­ê®zË_­ç¥ŠËl¢¸,¹¸ÞrÛ§²æìr¸›x‡í†+%Šy¡ë'·
+’Ø^žÇ§u©ž²Æ zÚ
zÚ qǬ²é+z«ž²×ëyéb²Û(®
"¶ay+›ç-}ª