[access-uk] Re: New Version Of iTunes

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 14:48:13 +0100

Just to put this in perspective a little, actually the programming behind
iTunes isn't that wonderful.  Apple are not applying consistency to MSAA events
which causes them not to fire correctly.  So while using Window-Eyes (and to
some extent System Access) may be an improvement over JAWS right now in that
specific area of the primary item list, the fact remains that there are other
problems with those screen-readers.  An example would be when the screen
scrolls.  If you use Wineyes and iTunes 8.2, and you use first letter
navigation to quickly jump several hundred tracks down, then start scrolling
back up, wineyes and other screen-readers will not read the data.

So all screen-readers have problems to some degree.

Brian Hartgen
Follow me on Twitter:  www.twitter.com/brianhartgen
Available through Facebook.
Windows Live:  brian@xxxxxxxxxxx