[access-uk] Re: New Text to Speach Software for cell phones etc

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:45:16 -0000

Hi Ray,

I'm surprised you are all even getting excited about this.  This is just a
glorified text to MP3 converter.  It will not make your Ipod, cell phone, or
anything talk.  It simply uses text to speech, to convert text based
material to MP3.  This has been done for years, by Nextup Technologies,
http://www.nextup.com, except that Nextup doesn't convert Emails
automatically.  But with an Outlook plugin that they provide, you can press
one button, and Yippee!  You have an MP3 of your Email.  Stick it on your
Ipod, MP3 player, or cell phone, and you have the same result.  So what?

Sorry for my scepticism, but this subject line, in my view, is completely
misleading.  This is not text to speech for cell phones, it is simply
converting text to MP3.

OK Ray, off my soap box now, but you must admit, us blinks sometimes get
very excited about things that have been happening for years, don't we?
<Smile>.

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx