[access-uk] Re: New Flash Drive

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 20:37:18 -0000

Hi Chris.

Yes, I have used the Freecom Databar products myself and I don't think that they're all that good. My main problem with them is the slow read write speeds. They only read at 8MBPS and write at 7MBPS so copying large files such as mp3, video, audio books etc will take a very long time. I haven't made any calculation based upon actual file transferring, but I recon you'll be talking 15 minutes to fill a gigabyte of data. It did take 5 minutes to copy a 400 meg file over, so I say this is a very rough calculation. Cheap it may be, but don't expect anything spectacular.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>