[access-uk] New Ebay problems! - Anybody any ideas?

  • From: "John Wilson" <j.wilson07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 20:29:08 +0100

Hello All,

I've just encountered yet another new Ebay progblem. For some time now Ebay
have been implimenting time and bidding flash on and off type messages when an
auction is near its end which causes JAWS 11 to stammer and repeat this over
and over again, stopping you from being able to hear information on screen.

However, now there is a new and greater problem. I am constantly getting
messages of this type, making JAWS stammer repeatedly and  unstoppably,
something about "Allert! waht's a max bid". I can find no way of stopping this.
It seems to come in as you get part way down the page, e.g. when moving to look
at the description of a lot for sale. At this point you can do nothing, as far
as I can make out.

I am using XP with JAWS 11 and IE8. I have popup blocker turned on in IE.

Has anyone found out a way to stop this, either permanently or as soon as it
starts on each page?

What does anyone think and are you also getting this problem?

John.