[access-uk] Re: New DAB Radio Required, Advice Sought

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 23:20:39 +0000

Is it a rechargeable battery?
-----Original message-----
From: David Russell
Sent:  12/09/2012, 11:07  pm
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: New DAB Radio Required, Advice Sought

Darren,

Roberts make some pretty good DAB radios, and the one you will find if you
follow the link below is very good for the money.  It is mains and battery,
has a 150 hour battery life, ten presets for dab and ten more for fm, two
tone controls, and definitely better sound quality than your Pure in my
view.  I know of three people who have this radio and all of them love it.
It is easy to set up for a blind person, although you will need sighted
assistance if you want them to identify the stations using the display.  You
can tune either with a large tuning knob or using small up and down buttons
to move in small steps.  Dab reception is good and I am in a poor reception
area.

Not sure about the cost, but I think it is around £90.  It should tell you
on the amazon page.

To find out more, go to

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roberts-RD21B-ECO4-Ecologic-Digital/dp/B000X5HGOK/re
f=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1347486830&sr=1-4