[access-uk] Re: New BBC IPlayer - can you work out how to use it?

  • From: "Rays Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:22:44 +0100

James, glad someone else is concerned about this much less than perfect
situation re. the new BBC Flash Player.

Please repoort back when you've tried the latest version of JFW and Flash
Player.  It might indeed be possible to script a solution, but I wonder at the
same time whether we are waiting on Adobe to build in propper accessible
controls.

Not only should we be writing the Beeb on this one, but our assistive tech
providers as well as Adobe, but I think in Adobe's case it is just another
faceless corporation.

Unless something's done we are going to hear a lot more here on this one.

Cheers,
Ray.