[access-uk] Re: New Accessible Phone for Blind People

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 15:38:59 +0100

Hi Steve

Then you have obviously seen it?  From purely a user perspective, why do you
pull it apart?

I guess my concern is that it detracts from the work Apple and Android have
already done to make accessibility possible.  The fact it is also named
after a guide dog just has a feel of segregation about it.  For so long, we
have wanted to be on a level playing field.  Now this is possible thanks to
Nuance, Apple and Android, along comes a suite of apps that will cost quite
a lot more than any apps I've ever seen in certainly the iTunes Store.

But I haven't seen it, so am going from what is available to read.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns