[access-uk] Re: New Accessible BBC iPlayer Beta - 3.1 - WebbIE

  • From: "Alasdair King" <alasdairking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:15:04 +0100

Douglas: Alt and R for Listen Again radio programme listings, Alt and
L for the live radio stations.

There's a delay in loading the Listen Again radio programmes, and any
live radio playing will keep playing while the programmes are loading
- that might be the source of the confusion?

I will probably split out the two functions again for release if it
causes confusion.

Alasdair

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Douglas Harrison
<harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the way in which you have tried to keep up with the bBC's changes,
> Alasdair.
>
> Having the live radio and listen again in one place seems an excellent idea,
> but in my initial
> testing I have so far failed to discover how to select one or the other.
> When I first opened
> the program I was in the list of listen again shows for Radio 4.  I used alt
> and R to get the list
> for a different station but only succeeded in getting it to play live
>
> I am sure that it is my incompetence to blame, but perhaps a few words of
> explanation could
> help us make better use of what promises to be an invaluable tool.
>
> Many thanks,
>

> Douglas
> .
> On 5 Aug 2008 at 10:23, Alasdair King wrote:
>
>> The BBC changed their feed format, which broke my iPlayer Beta. I've
>> fixed this and uploaded the new working version to the same URL:
>> http://download.webbie.org.uk/test/BBCiPlayerListenAgain.exe
>>
>> Version 3.1. I've also added the BBC Live Radio streams to the
>> program, so you can get all your BBC stuff in one place.
>>
>> Sorry about the delay: waited to see until if the BBC changed back.
>> Sigh. Hope it'll all settle down. Let me know if you have any
>> problems.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Alasdair
>>

> --