[access-uk] Re: Netgem AD free view query.

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:06:24 +0100

Hi,

You are not being ripped off.  The cheaper box with the top up TV CAM built in
is not AD enabled, although this could change with a software update - as far
as I know anyway.  Considder this: Top UP TV go out of business.  All those who
purchased boxes with integrated top up TV card slots would be in a mess if the
next card came out and used a different encryption scheme (although this isn't
that likely), whereas users who have the CAM PCMCIA like device would just get
a new CAM.  I know which one I would rather have.

Thanks.
Andrew.