[access-uk] Re: Netflix introduces audio description!

  • From: Saqib <saqibh23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 10:32:49 +0100

Hi.I thought it was never going to happen! I hope over time the back catalogue
is also available with audio description.

Twitter Saq5000 and Skype Saq5000

On 15 Apr 2015, at 10:19, Vanja Sudar <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good morning everyone.

This is some great news and something that we have been waiting for long
time. Finally a mainstream TV streaming company introduces audio description!
This is available on Android, IOS and I assume the website. I personally
haven’t used it yet, but reports on social media show quite a few people
using it successfully.

Here’s the blogpost from Netflix themselves explaining the details.
http://blog.netflix.com/2015/04/netflix-begins-audio-description-for.html?spref=tw

Please don’t let the blog title worry you, though the title refers only to US
and Canada AD is available within any English region.

Here are instructions on how to enable AD on Netflix on most popular
platforms. http://blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=12652

Here’s an audio demo of Netflix AD being used on IOS:
https://audioboom.com/boos/3085851-netflix-audio-description-on-the-iphone-demo-blindabilities?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I realise that currently they only have *one** show audio described, but as
the blog post said, there’ll be more to come. Whatever people may think,
surely this is a step forward in a right direction and will hopefully give
other mainstream companies such as amazon food for thought.