[access-uk] Re: Netbook thread revisited

  • From: James Scholes <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carol Pearson <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:02:07 +0000

Hi Carol,
The premium edition just allows more things to pass through the hotspot. For
example, I went with premium because when I'm out and about I like to be able
to access the files on my home PC so I have setup a VPN (virtual private
network) and the standard edition does not support VPN connectivity. And with
Joikuspot, I found it much easier to setup than Walking Hotspot. Its small
things like the interface not speaking properly in Walking Hotspot, and key 2
for the start button which you don't know unless you read the online help file.
Also, I still haven't got Walking Hotspot to make a working connection. I left
my phone for about half an hour and it still hadn't connected in all that time,
where as Joikuspot connects right away.
On Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 05:52 PM (GMT), Carol Pearson wrote:
James,

That's interesting ...

What do you mean about the interface not being all that clear at first  with
Hotspot...

I was looking at Joikuspot but couldn't understand the difference between
the free version and the premium edition.  Could you please explain that to
me, please?

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message sent at 05:58:50 PM GMT on Sunday, December 14, 2008