[access-uk] Re: Netbook or Laptop

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 14:50:32 -0000

Hi Niamh.

Likewise, the complements of the season to you and yours this Christmas.

A netbook is not going to have a fast processor, they are designed to be
inexpensive machines for web browsing, emailing and other light computing
tasks.  If you really want a powerful laptop which is light and compact,
something like the Samsung Series 9 notebook range which have solid state
storage on some of the models or a MacBook Air from Apple cant be beaten.  Of
course you will be spending a fare amount of money on either of these options,
however if judiciously chosen, you’ll be buying a machine which will last you a
good 2 or 3 years, perhaps even longer.

All the best, Ibrahim.