[access-uk] Re: Natwest online banking

  • From: "Audrey Tonge" <audrey.tonge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 21:08:07 -0000

HI Andy.

Yes, this was happening to me repeatedly from about July this year.  It is
actually caused by your screen reader tracking what you are doing, so you are
correct, you have no virus.  What you need to do is ask to speak to the malware
department and they will be able to put you onto a white list that will exclude
you from the locking out process.  For a while, they were advising you to do
all transfers and payments by telephone banking, but they now have this new
system sorted out.  I have done several things under this new system and it now
works.  The only annoying thing is that they will still phone you when you add
a new payee and ask you if you did this, but its a minor annoyance compared to
getting constantly locked out.

Audrey