[access-uk] Re: National Security Agency gathering loads of personal information.

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 11:53:05 +0200 (CEST)

Surely everyone knows about this already from the antics of Mr Snowdon and
other whistle blowers. Not being a terrorist, a paedophile or a drug baron, I
don't expect to be of any interest to the authorities. They already have enough
of my dirty linen to bore them silly anyway; it's called applying for DLA. Of
course I'd love to go a-burgling, but I have trouble getting my dog to guide me
up drainpipes.

But I have to admit that the whole thing casts a pretty sad sidelight on our
supposed special relationship with America.  Of course, our people at GCHQ are
doing the same thing to Americans, allegedly. Well, they can collect masses of
data, but analysing and using it effectively   are different ball-games.

Vince.

Message Received: Oct 15 2013, 09:03 AM
From: "Colin Howard"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] National Security Agency gathering loads of personal
information.

Greetings,

On Up All Night broadcast Tuesday morning from 01:00-05:00 BBC 5Live, there
was an interesting discussion about the United States National Security
Agency gathering lots of information about us, via it's snooping operations.
It seems this practice is more wide spread than we might believe.

I have the item on Dropbox, file properties information and modified
download link follow.

I intend deleting the file from DropBox on Thursday, 2013/10/24 mid day UK
time.

From Up all Night 2013 10 15 - NSA collecting masses of ...
General Summary
's snooping on private individuals worldwide.mp3
Type of file: Winamp media file
Opens with: Winamp Change...
Location: C:\Documents and Settings\Colin\My Documents\
Size: 3.00 MB (3,151,008 bytes)
Size on disk: 3.00 MB (3,153,920 bytes)
Created: 15 October 2013, 07:03:50
Modified: 15 October 2013, 07:04:04
Accessed: 15 October 2013, 08:55:15
Attributes: Read-only Hidden Advanced...
OK Cancel Apply

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7644179/From%20Up%20all%20Night%202013%2010%2015%20-%20NSA%20collecting%20masses%20of%20personal%20email%20addresses%20to%20assist%20with%20it%27s%20snooping%20on%20private%20individuals%20worldwide.mp3?dl=1