[access-uk] Re: Name of Scissor Sisters previous album needed

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 17:37:57 -0000

Andy I think that you are utterly and fundamentally wrong and, if I may say
so, somewhat selfish in your opinion.  Lists need strict boundaries on what
can and cannot be discussed or they become somewhat unfocused and they then
lose their value as people with any knowledge get fed up with reading
irelevant messages and go somewhere else.  I understand this list to be
about accessing a wide range of technology from the perspective of visually
impaired people.  That is surely a wide enough brief.  If you broaden things
out too far then the list becomes a general discussion list.  This was a
problem with the JFW lite list which really should have kept on the subject
of JAWS.  I joined this list briefly about 3 years ago I believe and saw a
long running thread about the difficulties of sight loss and coming to terms
with it.  This is important but nothing to do with jaws and I do think
having to read lots of irrelevant messages just drives people away.

Regards

Graham