[access-uk] Re: NVDA and windows 8 help please?

  • From: "Alistair" <alistair.kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 12:45:53 -0000

Hi Vince, life saver! thanks!

Alistair

From: Vincent Thacker
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 10:26 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: NVDA and windows 8 help please?

Alistair,

These are Windows keyboard shortcuts, so wouldn't appear in the NVDA
documentation.

Windows key plus c opens the Charms window.

Windows key and w opens the settings.

You can always shut down by going to the desktop screen and pressing Alt and F4.

You can also press Control, Alt and Delete to get to various controls,
including a shut-down button. You have to have NVDA configured to work on logon
screens for the various buttons to speak. You can get to them all with the Tab
key.

More on Windows 8 shortcuts here....

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/keyboard-shortcuts

Vince.

  Message Received: Nov 18 2013, 10:06 AM
  From: "Alistair"
  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [access-uk] NVDA and windows 8 help please?

  Hi folks,  could anyone on list using nvda and windows 8 assist by telling me
of any key stroke to get to both the charms and settings window? Have read the
nvda help but don’t see anything specific to this.I’m using a samsung laptop
which uses both touch screen and keyboard and the inability to turn the damn
thing off is driving me nuts! Any help would be great!

  Alistair