[access-uk] Re: NVDA VOICES

  • From: "Michael Ray" <mike.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 14:03:01 +0100

Carol,

If you go to the NVDA page at:

http://www.nvda-project.org

Follow the download link to get version 2012.2.1 and then look for the link to
all the available voices you can download all of them.

NVDA now uses a very simple add-on manager to add voices so, for example, after
downloading the svox pico voice, bring up the NVDA screen, go to tools, manage
add-ons and load the svox pico voice, then go to preferences, synthesiser and
select the svox pico voice.

It will be the same for all the other voices except the Microsoft SAPI voices.
These are pre-installed on your machine.

The way in which a portable version is installed has changed too.  Before there
were two versions to download.  Now the tools menu item has a create portable
version item.

Mike Ray