[access-uk] NVDA QUESTIONS

  • From: Carol Pearson <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 15:12:41 +0000

Hi all,

I am looking for advice on NVDA as one who uses it only in a limited fashion and doesn't really understand how the keys differ from Jaws.

First, I was sent a synth driver so that I could run Eloquence with NVDA. I can't remember the filename. I probably have it somewhere but want to check before changing computers. If anyone knows what this file is called or can send me a copy, if I don't find it, I'd be very grateful.

Second, I need to upgrade NVDA and want to know if I should remove the older one I have, which is a couple of versions back, before installing new. Do I need to upgrade to the version after I have and then again to the latest? Do I need to uninstall what I have before installing?

Third, and finally, I keep getting stuck with NVDA because I don't understand their notation of keys and, though many are like Jaws, others are not. I get stuck particularly when it comes to reading parts of a screen

I currently use this just for mail and to try to get me out of scrapes from time to time but don't feel competent enough on the web. Perhaps someone may be willing to help me with this.

Carol P