[access-uk] Re: NVDA KEYSTROKE AND ...

  • From: "Michael A. Ray" <mike.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 22:00:23 +0000

Amanda,

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend using the CAPS LOCK key as an NVDA key. Do this by going to preferences, keyboard settings, and check the checkbox 'Use Caps Lock as An NVDA Modifier'.

This stops you having to reach across the keyboard to press the insert key with your left hand and the command key (whichever that might be, down arrow in this case), or the other way round. Whatever you're doing I find the Caps Lock key easier to use than insert. You can switch caps lock on for typing upper case letters by pressing it twice rapidly.

Mike

On 21/11/2012 21:43, Amanda Burt wrote:
Thanks for that Mo.  I didn't know that either grins.

Amanda