[access-uk] Re: NTL upgrading broadband

  • From: Frank Haslam <frank.haslam1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 15:40:02 +0100

Hi, Andrew!

NTL upgraded my set top box a week ago.  I was told I had to do nothing and
there'd be no change to my Broadband access.  It would all be free.

When the box was fitted, the guy knew nothing about computers, and my
Internet and email were down.

I rang Tech Support loads of times and it took ages to contact them.  Every
time I rang I got a different guy with different ideas.  I definitely had
to reregister NTL with a disk.  No, I didn't need a disk but they couldn't
see my computer so the cabling must be wrong (which was OK before the box
was changed).

Monday found me tearing my hair out so I gut an external firm to get me
back on the Internet.  It cost a hundred quid, probably because a rooter
was involved, which NTL don't support.

So there's nothing I can do and no claim I can make from NTL.  They're just
not interested because "we don't support rooters".

So be warned that things may not go as swimmingly as NTL will initially
tell you.

At 14:11 07/08/04, andrew shipp typed furiously:

>Hello all,  I wonder if any of you have seen this from NTL,  apparently NTL
>as the first of September  only in the airier that have had all the
>upgrading done will be on,  150K is going to be 300K,  600 is going to be
>750K,  and the 1 Meg is going to be 1.5,  at no extra charge,  Is this
>believable after all they have  reasontly put the cost of the broadband up
>anyway,  just thought I would let you  know this as I haven't seen any
>postings on the group regarding this.
>Regards
>
>Andrew Shipp
>
>Located Northamptonshire
>
>Home phone 01604-517007,
>
>Mobile )07773457805,
>
>Email andrew-shipp4@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>I am also the Manager and Moderator of blind-gardening.
>
>All Messages are checked before sending by Norton anti Virus.
>

>** Going on holiday and want to halt messages? Send a message to:-
>** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>** and in the Subject line type
>** vacation ## d
>** where ## is the number of days followed by d for days.
>** For other things like digest mode, send a message, to

Frank - blind as a bat and proud of it too.
frank.haslam1@xxxxxxxxxxxx

** vacation ## d