[access-uk] NOD32 - Renewing the licence

  • From: "Pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:18:24 +0000

Hi Everyone

I am sure this topic has been covered before, but I was not interested at the
time.

The time for renewing our NOD32 licences has come around.  Peter and I have
separate licences for our machines.  I have bought the licences and now
have the problem of updating them.

I do not seem to be able to click on Update in the NOD32 Control Center.

I got round this problem on my machine, which has JAWS, by routing the JAWS
cursor to the cursor, unloading JAWS, double-clicking the mouse and
relaunching JAWS.  The new window appeared and I was able to enter the new
Username and Password.

peter's machine has Window-Eyes, and I am not as familiar with it as with JAWS.
 I tried the same routine, but it does not seem to work.

When one closes Window-eyes, does the mouse pointer stay where it was or does
it move when focus is changed to the Window-eyes Control Panel?

I have looked through the Window-eyes manual and searched the GW Micro
Knowledge Base.  Have other window-eyes users had this problem with
updating NOD32 and, if so, how did they get round it?  I do not want to load
JAWS onto the machine.

Any help gratefully received.

Pele West