[access-uk] NO ITV AUDIO DESCRIPTION ON OCCASIONS

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:33:58 +0100

Hi All,

Forgive this post but I can't recall who wrote to me last week to agree
that they didn't have audio description last Wednesday for "Coronation
Street" or the bill.  The person who wrote also said this had happened
before and they'd reported it to ITV.

I have since called ITV and had a very much less than satisfactory
conversation with a person on the Help Desk who agreed she "may be able
to get someone to call me".

I intend to take this matter further, since her reasons were all
supposition and nothing factual, and she had no attention of agreeing
that there should be apologies at the very least.  Therefore, if I don't
have a call back today I shall be emailing them tomorrow.

I'd be most grateful though if anyone who missed the audio description
last Wednesday of either "The Bill" or "Coronation Street" could get in
touch and give me the following answers:

1)      Do you have Freeview or Sky?

2)      In which area of the country do you live?  and

3)      Do you know which aereal signal you are picking up?

Any further help on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx