[access-uk] Re: NEW ACCESSIBLE SEARCH ENGINE

  • From: Steve Nutt <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:57:30 +0100

Hi.

Anyone noticed how much longer it takes to download the home page as well,=
=20
in comparison to Google.  Even on Broadband at 1MB, it seems to take a good=
=20
couple of seconds more here.

All the best

At 22:14 29/06/2004, kevin and emma spake these words of wisdom
 >hi all, i tend to agree. nice idea and hope it gets developed. but i'm=
 still
 >going to stick with google. this new one, as has been mentioned, isn't
 >customisable enough for me and there's a lack of advanced search features.
 >personally, i don't like the categorising type searches and it makes the
 >page look cluttered. maybe it's just me, but there seems to be an
 >overwhelming number of finance related links on the home page?
 >email or msn
 >kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 >cheers - kevin

 Access
 >keys can be turned off admittedly, but there are also plenty of skip links
 >which for me at least put more clutter in the way than I'd like. That=
 said,
 >these aids provide welcome help for many people, so this isn't a critisism
 >in the least.
 >
 >    The search results themselves were accurate for the most part and the
 >lack of advertising was very nice indeed. Good use of headings to=
 structure
 >the page layout make life very easy and definitely give YouSearched one up
 >on Google.
 >
 >    Best of all are the nice touches like stating that external links will
 >open in a new page, something I usually force manually when using a search
 >engine anyway and also the fact that they are clearly making such an=
 effort
 >with accessibility and usability.
 >

 >    Has anyone else tried this SE yet?
 >
 >Tink.

 Yous=3D
 >> earched act as a search engine which contains millions of other websites=
 =3D
 >> which unfortunatly are not all accessibility friendly,
 >>
 >> unfortunatly that gives a wrong reading on Bobby. sadly only 18% of the=
 W=3D

Telephone mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938, Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site:  http://www.comproom.co.uk
--
For a company brochure, send an empty message to Info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the quotes in the body of the message.  To join the tutorials list,

** vacation ## d