[access-uk] Re: NC10 Backup Utility

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:45:02 -0000

Hi Eleanor

If you have enough sight,  you could do it yourself.  When the reminder
comes up, arrow down to "Yes", and it will tell you that it is going to
restart your machine.  When it does, however, it goes into Safe mode, so
doesn't speak at this point.  Here, you have to accept the licence
agreement which, again, requires enough sight to be able to do so.  Then
the procedure takes about 20 to 30 minutes to back the machine up.
After this time, you are presented with a restart the computer option,
which needs sight to be able to read.  Once it restarts, you are in
Windows, and your speech will work again.

My Samsung backup resides on drive D, which is the partitioned drive on
the machine.  It chose to put it there by default.  Drive D was there in
the first place, the backup software didn't create that partition.

In essence then Eleanor, if you have enough sight to see the screen,
it's easy to do the backup.  If you don't, then sighted assistance will
be required.

Jackie Cairns
 Braille Support Adviser
 Email: Jackie.Cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx