[access-uk] Re: NC10

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 23:45:44 +0100

Hi Saqib.

As I've already mentioned, you don't have to do anything so drastic and
potentially expensive as claim on your household policy; I believe your machine
can easily be repaired with a lot less hassle and expense not to mention
inconvenience.  Firstly, please try the suggestion of reformatting and
reinstalling windows using the disks you got with your machine.  These will
reinstall windows and the software and drivers that came with your netbook to
pretty much the state it came in from the factory.  During the installation of
windows, the disk will be reformatted and any bad sectors identified.  If the
disk refuses to reformat correctly or damage to the drive means a lot of it is
unusable after a full system reinstall, its time to replace the hard drive
which although difficult is not impossible.  You could use this opportunity to
buy a new and higher capacity hard drive, you can expect to pay around £35 for
a new 160GB 2.5 inch SATA drive on EBay  though higher capacity drives are
available and maybe very competitively priced.  In either case, once you have
your new hard drive installed and I can send you instructions on how to do
this, you will be able to reinstall windows using the disks as explained above.

All the best, Ibrahim Gucukoglu.