[access-uk] Re: Myspace questions

  • From: "Jim O'Sullivan" <jimosu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 21:56:18 +0100

Hi Catherine

I have been a member of myspace for over a year now.

You can read any myspace pages, including peoples blogs, without needing to signup to anything. If you are a myspace member and subscribe to a myspace blog you get notifications when new postings appear.

It is not, as far as I know, possible to join myspace with out some help in reading the captcha. They have also introduced more captcha verification recently when you want to use myspace email.

When you are a myspace member you can change your preferences to specify whether or not to play any music that is set to autoplay on peoples pages.

Personally, I have my Internet Explorer security settings set a a high level where activex and some other scripting is disabled. This stops any of the embedded audio and video in sites such as myspace from playing.

I also have Mozilla Firefox on my system and I use that to go onto myspace pages for bands where I want to hear their music.

Hope this helps.

Jim

----- Original Message ----- From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>